Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Fam...




Okay, we had a Thanksgiving filled with "sickness!" It started out the weekend before Thanksgiving when Mark's mom called and had a fever of 102!!! We were supposed to do Thanksgiving with Mark's side of the family that Sunday before Thanksgiving, but needless to say, it was canceled! AISD didn't get out until Tuesday afternoon, so I picked him up from work...and we were on our way to Atlanta. (Clayton had gone back with my parents who had been shopping here that weekend, so she wasn't traveling with us...just Otis, our 95 lb Golden Retriever.

On Wednesday, Catherine and I took Clayton to get her annual Thanksgiving pictures taken at Sears...yes, it was awful (see previous post!).

Thursday came, and everyone comes to my parents' house around 5:00 (or Cowboys half time!) to Thanksgiving Dinner! We usually end up with about 20 people. Mark and I were in charge of making the pies and cakes. We had a good time. We also had to make Mark's "secret recipe" green bean casserole.

I was so excited because I knew Clayton was going to get to try some yummy things...but of course, she did not feel good (a sign of the sicknesses to come!) and didn't really try anything cool!

Below are pics of Clayton with most of my family. My cousin Brandon made the comment that there wasn't any reason for Aunt Cissy (my mom) to take the pictures because nobody ever gets to see them anyway...so here they are, Brandon!!!


Catherine, Brandon, and Clayton



Clayton with her "Great Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve


Clayton playing with some random rubber duck...


Everybody looking down as Clayton has dropped the duck!!!
Bret, Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Don



Hollie, Catherine, Clayton, Julie, and me


At the table, playing with the turkey napkin rings with her Great Grandmother..."Memaw"


Chowing down on a roll...



Memaw, Granna, and Clayton



Clayton letting everyone know that she is in charge!


Looking at a picture with Memaw


Clayton LOVES pictures!


Intrigued by the picture...and it isn't even of herself!!!




Clayton and Aunt Ca-Ca

0 comments: