Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

17 Months!!!


So little "baby" Clayton is 17 months old!!! I cannot believe it! Life with her is so much fun right now! She is talking up a storm and just growing up!!!

Her weight- 25 lb.
Her height- ?33-34 in.

Over the past month, she has gotten 3 molars (the fourth is working it's way in)...so she has 10 teeth now...but I can see her 4th bottom tooth coming in and that final molar!!

She loves to do the "Hokey Pokey." She loves to "run, run," "kick, kick" and do "circle, circle, circles" all the time. She has started to do motions to "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider" when SHE wants to!!!

She can repeat anything that you say, pretty much. She has two books that she can "read." She knows all of the animals in her farm book and can tell you their names and what sound they make. She can go to the fridge and verbally tell you what she wants! And she definitely can tell you what she dosen't want! She LOVES "yogut" (yogart) and pears.

Bathtime: She loves bath time. She has a bath tub Darby, Buster, Elmo, and Dora. She loves to play with them. She says "I on a baff" (I want a bath!) and goes to the door and knocks on it.

Funny/Interesting things:
1. She has NO concept of space...she thinks she can "fit" anywhere! She loves to get in her baby doll pack and play and go "nite-nite." She tries to cram herself in the little people lego container. The other day my mom got her a Cabbage Patch fairy, and she took the box that it was in (which was actually already torn in half) and tried to "sit" herself in it.

2. She loves to give Otis a cookie...and over the past few weeks, she has actually started calling him Otis instead of "doggie."

3. She loves to be outside...doesn't matter what the temperature is.

4. She has started throwing "tantrums" once a day. Usually it is when she is really tired...which brings me to my next fact...

5. She is trying to move herself to 1 nap a day...unfortunately, this nap is around noon.

This list could go on and on and on...I'm going to go ahead and posted it before I continue it into her 18th month!!!

Here are a few pics of my 17 month old pumpkin!!!




We have started trying to use a "leash" with Clayton when we go out for "short" adventures. This was our 1st experience...she actually did really great. I know, we are horrible for using it...but it is sooo much better than having her in a stroller or risking someone taking her!!!

1 comments:

Amy O'Rear Stewart said...

Not a thing horrible about it! Always swore I'd never do that until I had Ethan. I LOVED using a monkey one for Ethan and just bought Ella a pink puppy one. I especially love it for airports, I travel with the kids by myself so it was great freedom for them/security for me.