Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thunder Whales, Swine Flu, and...Pizza!

So this past week has been kind of crazy! We have stayed busy, busy, busy, and I feel like I haven't blogged in FOREVER. Yes, I know, I don't even have Easter pictures up yet...but they are coming...I just have to get psyched up to do it!!!

In the mean time, I do have a cute little story!
Background- Clayton LOVES to watch the CareBears before she goes night-night...it is part of our bedtime routine. Most nights, it wears Mark and I out...but it sure did come in handy last night!!! It was a little stormy last night, and usually, it doesn't bother Clayton. Tonight, she kept hearing the extremely loud crashes of thunder...and she said, "Mommy, Daddy, it's McKenna, she's bringing the Thunder Whales...let's go outside and see them" Mark and I kind of looked at each other...and then we realized that there was an episode of the CareBears where McKenna (the little girl) helps a baby Thunder Whale (which their "singing" sounds like thunder) that gets stuck! Clayton remember that episode and related it to the thunder that was going on outside...it was so cute. Perhaps every child should watch the "Thunder Whales" episode of the CareBears...then they won't be scared of the thunder either...of course, the down side it that she was sad that she couldn't go outside and see them!!! Don't worry, every time she heard the thunder, she said, "OOhh, Thunder Whales, let's go see them!"

Through all of the thunder, we decided to order pizza...the weather wasn't really lending itself to grilling out, and we didn't really want to mess up the kitchen or get out in the rain...so pizza it was!!! There was only one problem...Clayton doesn't do pizza. Any time that we are eating pizza and try to get her to try it, she says, "Yucky, pizza!" We decided that we would try Chicken Alfredo Pizza since it doesn't have tomato sauce and that is what really "yucks" her out! We told her that we were having a "special dinner" delivered to our house just for her. We told her that they were going to bring it to the door and ring the door bell...and that she could give them the money. She said, "Oh, Bitton bring it to me." (Basically because he is the most common person that we make a big deal out of coming to the door!) Anyway, we built it up to be a really big deal so that she would hopefully at least try it. She tried it...and actually ate several bites of it. Not that I should be thrilled that my child ate a completely unhealthy food like pizza...but it certainly is nice to know she will eat it if we are in a bind...I mean, there is only so far that fruit, fruit, fruit and yogurt can take you!!!

And finally, SWINE FLU! I am so sad our district hasn't closed yet!!! I know that it isn't a big deal...and that we probably don't NEED to close...but I could REALLY use another "Spring Break" off!!! My brother-in-law teaches in Fort Worth, so he has the week off...we even have a school in our district shut down, but our district hasn't closed...and neither has Mark's...but I am hoping...I'll keep ya posted!!!

Thanks for hanging in with me on my stories...I will be back SOON with pictures from Easter, eating pizza, and lot of more fun thing that have been going on...

Clayton is 20 months old...can you believe it?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a smart little cookie!!!! Maybe we can get her and Bren together and she can teach him how to talk! haha - Brooke

Unknown said...

Hey Jenn!! You won another bow! Yay! Let me know what colors you want (for this one plus the others!) and I'll get them in the mail to you!
Melissa