Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

High Five...Shimmy Shake...and "Mines Horsie"

I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks...I have some cute pictures...but for now, I will just put a couple of stories down before I totally FORGET!!!

The other day Clayton started saying "High Five...Shimmy Shake!" We thought maybe it was something that her Mamaw had been doing with her...but then we were watching the ONE AND ONLY Strawberry Shortcake...and they do a little "High Five, Should Bump, Hip Thump, Shimmy Shake!" It is sooo cute...and that was what she was doing!!! She is a little sponge and remembers everything!!!

Her other thing she is loving to do right now is "Lemme read you a story!" So she gets a book and puts it RIGHT in her face. She says (about 3 times), "Lemme read you a story...Once a time, there a pincess, Clayton, Mommy, Dada...Okay, I all done!" She also has a variation with CareBears...it is sooo cute!!!


So for the past couple of weeks, we have been leaving our neighborhood a different direction to get to Sublett. At the end of this "new" path is a house across the street with some "animals." Make no mistake, Clayton has been on many a "ride" down the oil-top roads to see "reindeer," "moos," "horsies," and "donkeys." She always does a great job of telling them apart. For some reason, at this house, the "animals" are a little more difficult to distinguish?!?! The first time we saw them, she said, "Hey, Mommy, look it's a horsie." I told her, "No, Clayton, I think that is a donkey, sweetheart." (Her response) "No, Mommy, it's a horsie...it's my horsie..."

So literally every day, she looks at the house to see if "her horsie" is there...and the little pumpkin REALLY thinks this "horsie" is hers. One day, I told her again that I thought it was a donkey and she said, "No, I ask Bittons when he gets her, and he tell me!"

Many times, it isn't there...and I get the "Oh, no, my horsie's gone...where is he...I find him...let's go." And again, she REALLY thinks it is hers! (Side note: There is a horse place right down the block from our house that has 20-25 horses in a big fenced in area that we have to go by 5 times a day so she can see the horsies...one of the horses just had a baby...so she is also obsessed with her "baby horsie") Anyway...Today, we were on our way to WalMart, and we drove by this house, and it had two "horsies" in front of it...Clayton said, "Oh, look, it's my horsies, there out here...I see 'em!!!" I replied, "I think they are donkeys, sweetheart!" And she said, "Yeah, maybe so!" It was so funny the way she said it...she finally got to see them close enough that she knew they weren't horses...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So CUTE!!!! :)
Glad you told this story... it reminded me something I had forgotten about... when my oldest was about that age, and ~ (we live about 3 blocks from the hospital with an emergency helicopter usually parked in the parking lot) ~ every time we passed the hospital, she would say, "That's *MY* hello-totter!!!"

I guess everything is *MINE!* at that age!! :)

Jaz said...

that is pretty funny. Love the pic up top. How did you do that one? and I love the age where they start to "read" stories to you. Libby's stories always had more words than were actually on the page (and sometimes there were a lot of words)