Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Hanging with Clayton...


Look at those teeth, we finally have six! It took is 6 months to get the first two...
and 5 months to get the next two...and the last two have popped out
the last couple of weeks!



Clayton showing me her "night, night" which is what
she came up with for her blankie...



Just chillin in the tent!





Okay, as any of you who read my blog know...
wait, there is actually someone
reading this, right?!?!
Anyway, Clayton has been going through MAJOR separation
anxiety. Two weeks ago, we reached our lowest point when we could go to church because the nursery was putting our number on the screen, we could do community group because she wouldn't stay away
from me for 2 minutes...BUT last Thursday,
we had a BREAKTHROUGH!!!
Praise Jesus in the small victories, too!!! My friend Chay
is going to keep Clayton on Mondays while I teach, and the two times that we have tried...well, let's just say it wasn't the greatest situation...unless you consider a 13 month old screaming and crying and clinging to your leg a great day...if you do, then it was wonderful...otherwise, welcome
to my world since school started! I know that this is just a
"stage" that Clayton is going through and one day I will cry because she no longer "needs" me that way...but seriously, I am willing to give it a try! Oh, back to last Thursday. Chay told me to bring Clayton for just a little while. The plan was to drop her off and go run a few errands. Yes, we have done this several times leading up to the first stay, but we hadn't been there is a couple of weeks, so we needed a "refresher." We even tried on Tuesday and she cried 15 of the 20 minutes I was gone. BUT...Thursday, she only cried when I first walked out the door...and then she had a blast! Chay played with her hair and put it in a cute little "bam-bam" like ponytail! And Clayton actually played and had fun...and didn't have to be help to whole time! I was at Walmart during this whole victory, but don't worry...we celebrated! I bought her the cutest little Dora doll...and the pictures below are her playing with it...

So, I realize that was long...but here's the thing...
Those of you that have walked the journey of these past 14 months know what a time victory this is. A year ago, we couldn't even put her down to sleep, even for five minutes because she was so sick and in such pain. We were having Cystic Fibrosis testing at Christmas, biopsies, upper GIs, lower GIs...and by God's grace, she is completely healed of "whatever" was wrong with her...So while she may not be like every other child in the world, she is my precious little girl, and I love her...just the way God created her...even if she is "needy" right now...every child is not the same!










I LOVE THIS PICTURE...so sweet!




Clayton playing in her "car"


1 comments:

Juli said...

Jen, I could have written this post about BOTH of my girls when they were younger. The not getting to go to church (because I firmly believe God does not want me to spend an hour getting myself and multiple angels ready only to be paged within the first twenty minutes of the service due to hysterical crying), the not being able to PEE alone, everything. I just want to say it sounds like she's turned the corner and it will just keep getting easier and easier. Madge doesn't blink an eye now when she goes to school or stays with my inlaws while I have something to do. And Lulu has done GREAT at Mother's Day Out and BSF this year!